Vacationing like a Hollywood A-lister starts by seeking out the locations favored by the glitterati. Many of the most popular sites where celebs choose to chillax have the three S’s in common: sun, sand and scenery. Here are some hot spots where stars can be spotted:
- Ipanema Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – You don’t have to be tall, tan, young and lovely to get a taste of the exotic in this tropical paradise. The Travel Channel has called Ipanema the “sexiest beach in the world,” and it’s not too hard to see why, as it is frequented by the likes of Madonna, Gerard Butler, Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem. Much of the year, the water is a crystal-clear light blue; however, after a heavy rain, the water can turn a murky green. This may help explain the origin of its name, as “Ipanema” comes from two Tupi words meaning “stinky lake.”
- St. Jean Beach, St. Barts – A volcanic island fully encircled by shallow reefs, St. Barts is a popular destination for the rich and famous, especially during the winter. The island is known for its beaches, gourmet dining and high-end designers. Most of the food is imported by plane or boat from the United States or France. The white sand and glimmering turquoise water are magnets for superstars like Jessica Alba, Beyonce and Jay-Z.
- St. Tropez, France – Widely known for its nude and clothing-optional beaches, St. Tropez has been a favorite getaway for the glamorous since it was featured in the 1956 film “And God Created Woman,” starring Brigitte Bardot. Located along the coast in the Baie de Pampelonne, the Tropezian beaches have been known to attract the likes of Cindy Crawford, Tom Cruise, Rihanna, P. Diddy, Jack Nicholson and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia – One of the most visited sites in Australia and a mecca for surfing enthusiasts, Bondi Beach is also a nature lover’s dream destination. Pods of whales and dolphins can be sighted in the bay during migration season, and fairy penguins are sometimes seen swimming close to shore. Celebrities who come for the surfing, sailing and sun include Hugh Jackman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – Just a two-hour flight from Los Angeles, it’s no wonder this resort city and its beaches have become a go-to getaway for such megawatt stars as Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Aniston.
- Anguilla, Lesser Antilles – A flat, low-lying island of coral and limestone in the Caribbean Sea, Anguilla is noted for its spectacular and ecologically important coral reefs and beaches. With its cerulean waters, it is at the top of the list for A-listers like Uma Thurman, Paul McCartney, Michael Jordan, Michael J. Fox and Liam Neeson when they need a sunny place to unwind.
Actors, actresses, musicians, athletes and tabloid princesses alike enjoy slipping away for the sun and fun of the world’s beautiful beaches. And with a properly planned vacation, you can join them on the shore. To book your stargazing trip, give us a call at (888) 269-0182.